Lead Proposal Engineer Join our Innovating Process & Pipeline Services team
Baker Hughes (BH) Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) supports full lifecycle of customers' asset from pre-commissioning to pipeline inspection to decommissioning. We help to reduce future corrosion, improve efficiency, and maximize throughput. Our solutions for pre-commissioning, commissioning, and maintenance shutdowns include specialized services for Oil & Gas, power generation, metals, and other process industries.Partner with the best
The Global Commercial Operations function has a mission to "Protect and profitably grow PPS through winning proposals and commercial process excellence".
This position is in Perth, Australia, and reports to the Commercial Operations Leader for AP Region in the Pre-commissioning & Maintenance (P&M) product line. Working as part of the AP region team this role's focus is the Australia/New Zealand sub-region.
The Lead Proposal Engineer is responsible for reviewing enquiries from customers, determining and validating the best technical and commercial offerings. Facilitating and delivering bid and risk related activities for the Australia sub-region; ensuring they are completed on time and to the highest service quality standards. Technically experienced with good commercial/project management skills, you will need to understand, interpret, and respond to technical specifications & documentation within an RFQ. The successful candidate will coordinate and manage all aspects of the bid preparation process from initial enquiry through to handover to operations team.
As Lead Proposal Engineer , you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Preparing and review of Tenders, Proposals and Pre-qualification responses, including technical, commercial, and contractual aspects of these documents.
- Determining best technical and engineering solution to fulfill customer's requests, identifying the main goals of each opportunity.
- Managing all aspects of bid preparation efforts in accordance with the PPS business rules & ITO (Inquiry to Order) processes and liaise with sub-regional and regional leadership on bid related matters.
- Working closely with sales and leadership to help prioritize bid activity in the Australia/New Zealand sub region.
- Working with the Sales team to formulate bid strategy, identify Deal and Risk Review requirements to avoid unknown, un-quantified risks during the bid preparation phases.
- Ensuring all pertinent bid related data for the sub-region is accurately entered into BH's e-CRM system (Deal Machine) in a timely manner.
- Developing a strong understanding of the key ITO processes and systems and contribute to process simplification efforts to reduce cycle time, improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Developing strong working partnerships with other functions (Sales, Legal, Finance, Tax, Operations, etc.) to enable effective communication, on-time responses, improved information flow to help shape winning and profitable bids.
- Working closely with the local operations team to ensure that proposals fully reflect the entire scope of work and key assumptions within each bid.
- Working closely with the regional Applications Engineering team to ensure that technical assessments/reviews are completed on time to ensure technical compliance with Client's requirements.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a University degree or equivalent - preferably in an engineering or commercial discipline.
- Have technical or engineering knowledge on Pipeline and/or Process related maintenance, operations or pre-commissioning services.
- Have minimum of 3 years' experience working in commercial proposal/tender related role, specifically experience in analyzing, translating & completing complex bids/proposals.
- Have good communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion.
- Have effective interpersonal skills - ability to effectively influence and negotiate with all levels of people.
- Have effective organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple bids/projects.
- Financially & commercially astute - an understanding of contracts, business financials and commercial risk.
- Have positive, can-do approach to work and to problem solving.
- Be results orientated, self-driven individual with passion, drive, energy and ability to influence without authority in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment.
- Be a team player, willing to give additional input as and when required to meet client-based deadlines, sometimes at short notice.
Work in a way that works for you
- AUD 130,000 - 140,000 per annum
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too.Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.