Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Geotechnical Engineer, Environmental Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Are you looking to further your geoenvironmental career and increase the breadth and depth of your skills by working alongside key market specialists and blue-chip companies? Wood has an opportunity for an experienced and highly competent Contaminated Land / Geoenvironmental Senior Consultant within our dynamic and growing organisation, which has a market leading pedigree, with the breadth and scale of projects and specialists to challenge and develop you.
Wood Group is looking for a motivated, highly skilled and solution focused person to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
This role would be based in either our Leamington or Birmingham offices, subject to preference, with travel across UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
As part of your package, we offer the following benefits:
- Support and guidance through chartership, from leading UK experts
- Company car or car allowance
- Generous pension package
- Voluntary Flexible Benefits Scheme (dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, technology benefits, just to name a few!)
- Access to Season Ticket Loan Scheme for travel in and around your base office location.
- Competent in leading proposal/project technical elements to a high standard, within time and budget expectations
- Geoenvironmental ground investigation scope and design, inclusive of works specification, bill of quantities and HSSE requirements
- Delivery of complex geoenvironmental interpretative Phase 1 and 2 reports, along with factual reports, ensuring high quality data assessment, qualitative risk assessment and conceptual site model development
- Experience of developing Remediation Options Appraisals, Remediation Strategies and Remediation Verification Report preparation, inclusive of defendable data assessment
- Leadership of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors, soil logging and sampling, geotechnical testing, groundwater sampling and ground gas monitoring to ensure a high quality output. Preference is for individuals with Principal Contractor lead experience
- Site chemist for remediation works
- Ensuring all deliverables are in line with procedures and processes and to the highest quality and safety, health and environmental standards.
- Identifying and securing new work opportunities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant technical degree e.g. geology, engineering, chemistry or environmental science
- A higher degree in contaminated land, engineering geology, environmental science, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering or similar, is desirable
- Chartership with a relevant institution
- Working towards SiLC/SQP and/or SoBRA
- Detailed understanding of the land contamination regime within the UK with regard to current and future use of a site, development planning, environmental permitting and due diligence
- Highly experienced in the preparation of contaminated land/geoenvironmental Phase 1 and Phase 2 reports, inclusive of risk-based approach to the assessment of land contamination
- Report writing including presenting complex technical information in a concise and accurate manner
- Highly competent in planning, designing and managing contaminated land and geoenvironmental ground investigations
- Competent in made ground and superficial deposits field logging and logging review
- Leading, planning and designing ground investigations.
- Fully versed with the CDM Regulations and their application to safe design and implementation of ground investigations
- Presenting technical information in a concise and accurate manner, inclusive of Regulatory negotiations/liaison
- Proposal preparation and delivery
- New work identification and winning
- Leadership of project deliverables and teams
- Data handling, including experience in the use of GIS/QGIS is desirable.
Skills / Attributes
- Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively.
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of your role.
- On site leadership of ground investigation and other similar field works.
- Work collaboratively within a team and provide mentoring to develop colleagues.
- Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.