Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Commitment to and promotion of Wood Plc's values and ensuring the realization of Company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures.
• Reporting to the QAQC Manager: the main functions of the role will be to ensure that blasting and
painting / coatings activities are performed as per BSP specification and international standards.
• Material paint & coatings certificate review and endorse as per project material specification.
• Perform inspections in accordance with the ITP (Inspection and Test Plan).
• Ensure ambient conditions are acceptable for required process output.
• Ensure that material is stored and handled in accordance with manufacturers requirements and
data sheets are available, when required, material traceability is maintained, and correct material
• Monitor performance of contractors, ensure Applicators are competent and where required have
valid certification for the process in use, equipment is in serviceable condition.
• Ensure inspection and test equipment is serviceable, with in calibration period and personnel are
knowledgeable in its use.
• Ensure blast medium and coating materials conform to project specifications.
• Ensure surface preparation blast profile / cleanliness meet requirements,
• Monitor wet film thickness during application and application technique.
• Monitor dry film thickness and re - coating intervals.
• Ensure any identification marks or tags removed or over coated are replaced.
• After the full curing activity conduct visual inspection and specified non - destructive and destructive
• Prepare daily reports on the work in progress.
• Responsible for timely inspection during fabrication and installation, proactive in the prevention of
non - compliance and problem resolution.
• Report any non - complying items to the QAQC Manager that need to be isolated to prevent
• Provide weekly input to the QAQC reporting system, with regards to trends and unresolved
exceptions and problems.
• Provide early warning of potential quality problems and ensure non - conformances are identified,
tracked and closed.
• Provide expertise to site team to avoid / resolve quality problems.
• Mentor team members as required and directed.
• Conduct aligned duties as directed by Delivery Assurance Manager and / or QAQC Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
A demonstrable commitment to safety in the workplace; leading by example.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Oil & Gas industry materials and equipment of same, e.g., mechanical
and electrical equipment, instrumentation, structural steel, piping materials.
• Possess a minimum of 5 years in the oil and gas industry in painting inspection.
• Attention to detail, commitment to a "Right - First - Time" ethos.
• Good coordination, interpersonal skills
• Good written skills, ability to present data in a clear and concise manner.
• Self - motivating, well organized, resourceful, and proactive.
• Minimum ONC / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum NACE Level 2 or CSWIP - B. Gas Grade 2
• Computer literate in MS Word, XL, and MS Power point.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.