Posted: Aug 25, 2021
Posted: Aug 25, 2021
Skills: Project Management, Technical Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Senior Technical Product Manager
Do you enjoy problem-solving?
Would you like to be part of a team that helps builds, support strategic technical initiatives, and drive long-term business outcomes through technology?
Partner with the best
As Senior Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for understanding functional and product requirements for components/modules for a specific release, documenting it as functional specifications, applying agile principles to convert these specifications into stories and work units, and then translating them into criteria for acceptable product performance.
Take ownership for leading projects
As Senior Technical Product Manager you will w ork independently, at the same time collaborate with all other roles within an agile product development life cycle to ensure product releases that meet organizational standards and customer needs. Moreover, you will be the key game-changer for the business-leading transformation as well as the digital enablement for customer needs. The journey has begun and the goal is to connect all customer tools into the cloud and analyze the data and drive meaningful outcomes to generate additional services revenue.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Owning medium-sized feature or feature set requests
- Interacting with customers and product managers to understand customer needs and timelines
- Functioning as a Project Manager as well as oversee the execution plan for delivery of the roadmap
- Collaborating with Digital Technology and business partners to eliminate roadblocks and oversee project execution
- Applying Agile principles to translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Demonstrating practical experience in Agile Methodology to runs scrums and stand-ups to collaborate with engineering teams and support them with scope considerations, product requirements
- Demonstrating superior knowledge of software development life cycles to collaborate with Quality Engineering and Build and Release teams
- Ensuring that intermediate and major features releases meet quality standards and functional requirements
- Working with fellow team members and providing subject matter expertise to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions during User Acceptance Testing as well as after the product is deployed in Production
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline with strong expertise in project management or related work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Have a minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
- Have experience in using the Jira or Rally tool to manage requirements processes
- Have experience with AgileScrum methodologies
- Have legal authorization to work in the U.S. (required). We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining features backlog and specifying requirements
- Have technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and company reference architecture
- Defining an execution plan and approach based on project scope, the expected timeline, and available budget/resources
- Facilitating convergence of functional and technical
- Working with the globally located technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
- Cooperating with and manage external vendors as required. Manage procurement and onboarding process
- Ensuring pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed.
- Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
- Supporting the execution team with the resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
- Managing project risks, scope changes, and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Managing stakeholder communication and progress reporting
- Ensuring quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
- Tracking project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - occasionally remote working from home or another work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with Us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect: Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities. Comprehensive private medical care options. Safety net of life insurance and disability programs. Tailored financial programs. Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.