Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Wood is seeking an Environmental Technician to support our growing environmental compliance and assessment practices in Chelmsford Massachusetts. Position provides an opportunity for growth, including report preparation, development of regulatory knowledge and other tasks as qualified. Wood is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm comprised of approximately 40,000 employees located in every corner of the globe.
Key Responsibilities :
- Work with complex systems and perform "hands on" technical, mechanical, and diagnostic type investigations.
- Operation and maintenance of multiple industrial wastewater pretreatment systems. This includes on-site inspection, diagnostics, ordering of parts, repair, recalibration and testing to ensure proper performance in conformance with discharge limits.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and assisting with upgrades of industrial wastewater pretreatment and groundwater remediation systems.
- Sampling of wastewater and stormwater discharges for permit required analyses, ensuring proper chain-of-custody procedures for sample delivery and review of analytical results.
- Sampling various media in support of hazardous waste assessment and industrial hygiene evaluation.
- Perform other field related activities as assigned by Group Manager.
- Potential for periodic overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
Required Qualifications :
- Must pass drug test, physical and background check and possess a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Valid driver's license.
- Understand operation and maintenance of mechanical and diagnostic systems.
- Work as part of a team, as well as independently, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Care about the quality of work being provided and respect the clients we support.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, and their supervisors, and can understand instructions and initiate them promptly.
- Proficient in recordkeeping such as documenting actions when dealing with dangerous chemicals, complex equipment issues or working solo in the field.
- Possess "Attention to Detail" in work being conducted, whether that is diagnostic testing, working on complex systems or recording system issues.
- Ability to use hands with precision on small items and/or in small spaces.
Preferred Qualifications :
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required; A.S. degree in environmental science/technology preferred.
- 1-3 years of environmental experience or equivalent.
- Proficient in procurement processes such as ordering parts and supplies for client equipment
- Possess or Pass (within 3 months of hire) Grade 2-Industrial Massachusetts Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators license.
- Ensure compliance with strict safety guidelines.
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours as required; may include weekends (not routinely).
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferred.
- Will routinely be lifting . equipment consistent with company safety policies for weight limitation and proper lifting.
- Work may be inside or outside at all times of the year.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and have a basic understanding of technology.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.