The Project Management Support Manager is a role within the Offshore Business focussing on the support to the Saint Brieuc Project Manager on several aspects on the engineering, delivery and construction of the windfarm
in compliance with the French legislation, company policies and project consenting requirements.
Belonging to the Project Management Team and Reporting to the Saint Brieuc Project Manager it should support ensuring the delivery of the project on quality, using best practises and excellent H&S performance.
The role has a specific responsibility on:
- The coordination of the Project Quality and Expediting Teams (staffed through Services contracts) that are embedded in the different project teams and yards,
- Leading the assurance and coordination of the Consenting Requirements Compliance of the project
- Coordinate the interface with O&M Team and prepare the O&M hand over phase.
- Beyond this scope ad-hoc support project management support activities and works will be tasked to the role.
The individual will be working as part of a global business with activities in many countries across Europe and the rest of the world. The position may require frequent travel to various locations in France and overseas
and during execution of the project and the individual should be able to interface with teams working at different project locations. Accountability Statements:
- Manage delivery of Quality (including Document Control) and Expediting Services in back office and Yard and coordinate interfaces with the different teams and packages.
- Ensure the Project complies with the consenting requirements established by Permitting.
- Ensure the correct interface with the O&M Team as well as an efficient and smooth and safe Hand over process (estimated 2023).
- Support project management activities and prepare Analysis, Reports and Presentations to support ad-hoc Project Manager needs and facilitate the decision making process.
- Ensure that scope of works under his/her responsibility are delivered on time, to budget and quality following the highest industry practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Implement offshore standards, procedures, tools, best practices and quality requirements for large scale offshore windfarm a scope of works, to be constructed across a number of countries throughout Europe and USA.
- Ensure the delivery of a scope of works is appropriate and consistent with our strategy and delivered according to specification, budget and timetable without compromising safety.
- Manage the resources needed to have the appropriate organisation structure for managing the performance of the required works with regards to project Quality and Expediting.
- Manage works and coordinate with employees working within a number of countries throughout Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain…) to ensure execution with intelligent and cost effective resourcing.
- Prepare and review project documents such as scope of works, quality plans, procedures, cost-risk analysis etc.
- Coordinate quality and expediting activities carried out in different project sites (manufacturing facilities, onshore sites, harbours, vessels and offshore sites) under delivery including contractors, consultants and supervisors.
- Manage site hand over from delivery to O&M to secure long term investment value and minimise risks.
- Work with the HSE team to develop HSE strategy for offshore windfarm delivery and ensure a high standard of health and safety awareness is maintained.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Multi-million euros scopes of work and contracts within the Global Offshore Wind Business 6000MW investment plan
- Coordination of a scope of works where CAPEX can be up to €10m.
- Wide Range of project engineering, delivery, construction and management to understand, assess and manage.
- Project team is formed by British, Spanish, French and German members, different cultures to incorporate the project execution. Cultural differences are required to be managed for this transversal role.
Planning & Organising:
- Experience and skills in coordinating teams transversally as well managing teams directly.
- Competent in analysis, structuring information and preparing executive reports to support management functions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see/ anticipate problems.
- Experience in offshore environment.
- Experience in French consenting, permitting or regulation processes for electrical power plants.
- Experience in Fabricaction and/or Commissioning/O&M phases.
- Experience or willing to learn in dealing with consenting, health and safety and environmental legislation associated with delivery, marine and offshore a scope of works.
- Problem solving - dealing with conflicting requirements.
10 year planning horizon includes development, contracting, construction and handover to operation of offshore wind assets.
Responsible for implementation of scopes of work to support projects and packages.
Formulating and gaining approvals for scopes of work and annual budgets then controlling and forecasting.
Specifying and procuring project scopes of works contracts.
Implementing project health, safety and environmental plans Internal and External Relationships:
- Coordinate key project activities across several project packages/teams to ensure scopes of work and contracts technical, program and regulation compliance to minimise costs/ risks
- Collaborate and coordinate with O&M team members to ensure requirements are specified and delivered and assets are effectively transferred into operation to deliver business returns.
- Collaborate with Quality, Expediting and Project Packages team members for effective and efficient delivery of project assets on time (Expediting) and quality.
- Collaborate with Consenting and Stakeholders teams in order to assure the Project activities and assets compliance with French permitting and regulation requirements.
- Implement instructions from Project Managers to deliver scopes of work for projects
- Coordinate with HSQE advisors to comply with standards and minimise legal/ regulatory risks
- Potential attendance to meetings with French local authorities.
- Coordination with project key suppliers to ensure scope of works/ contract delivery.
- Other potential interactions with external project stakeholders according to project needs
- Experience in French power plants consenting processes
- Experience in Offshore Fabrication
- Experience in Offshore Commissioning/O&M phases.
- Proven track record delivering multi-discipline scopes of works.
- Knowledge and experience of large scale projects
- Health and safety management skills
- French speaker
- Experience of offshore wind sector
- Degree and professional qualification in relevant engineering discipline -Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering or Naval Architectural.
- Experience in Project Management of Wind projects or big projects.
- Flexible to travel regularly to attend meetings and work at different project sites in a number of countries thought northern Europe and USA, particularly Germany, France, Denmark, Spain and England.
- Willingness to learn or knowledge of Offshore wind farms permitting, health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine delivery for a scope of works.
- Willingnes to learn or knowledge of Offshore Fabrication phase (Quality and Expediting)
- Willingnes to learn or knowledge of Offshore Commissioning or O&M Phase.
- Apetite for working on a challenging and high skilled team project.
- Flexibility to accommodate changes on roles and responsibilities,
- Experience on working in goal achievement environments.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.