Job DescriptionShop Plant Operations - ChemistDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?Would you like to help shape and implement our Shop Plant Operations?
Join our Team!
This role supports manufacturing operations in a specific manufacturing area (Plating Lab) within the business to ensure production needs are met. Provides assistance in specific manufacturing area for development of new processes/procedures/tooling/products, which includes but are not limited to testing of new equipment, training new employees, and standardization of process.
Partner with the best
As a Shop Plant Operations - Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Complies with all HSE and Quality procedures and policies.
- Follows all technical procedures and performs manufacturing processes in that manufacturing area (Plating Lab) as required (creates solutions, maintains equipment, cleans/processes/tests parts, among others).
- Maintains specific manufacturing area housekeeping and clean all equipment.
- Interprets results and historical data to ensure the products meets or exceeds customer, quality and safety requirements.
- Periodically performs Radiation and HSE activities as required (Gamma Surveys, Air Monitoring, Tennelec Maintenance, security inventory check, eye wash, safety shower and spill kit inspections, preparation hoods wash downs, chemical management, among others.)
- Serves as manufacturing expert in this manufacturing area/process on new product introductions.
- Provides feedback to engineering and other manufacturing personnel on implemented processes.
- Supports and participates in quality activities as required (documented record keeping, documentation review, external/internal compliance audits, among others).
- Maintains inventory of supplies, stocks them when received and orders them when needed.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors as required.
- Trains other team members as required.
- Accomplishes assigned work with little supervision.
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, tape measures, etc.).
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Chemistry
- Have Knowledge of SAP business system is preferred.
- Have Hazardous Material/Waste knowledge is preferred.
- Proficient with computer programs like Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have ability to follow safety protocols during emergencies.
- Have ability to read and follow drawings, schematics, and procedures.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
Requires standing, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, moving and/or carrying, lifting up to a maximum of fifty (50) pounds, climbing, walking, pulling, pushing, use of material handling equipment, grasping, and talking in a production/test/hazardous environment. Hours of work may exceed normal business hours.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.