Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking an Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer to join our Life Sciences team within our Philadelphia office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction. Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important for this industry.
- Assist in control system philosophy and control system architecture development in coordination with client and process requirements.
- Generate and maintain Instrument Index and Input/Output (I/O) List based on review of P&IDs.
- Coordinate with process engineers to generate instrument data sheets.
- Develop I&C design documents for biotech and pharmaceutical facilities, including:
- Control panel layouts and wiring diagrams
- I/O wiring diagrams
- Instrument location plans
- Instrument installation details
- Instrument field wiring diagrams
- Point-of-use panel wiring diagrams
- Solenoid panel layouts
- Segmentation drawings
- Control system sizing calculations
- Control loop diagrams
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines in 2-D and 3-D environments for panel locations, in-line instruments, and power to control panels.
- Prepare specifications for panel fabrication and instrumentation and control system requirements for packaged equipment.
- Coordinate with system integrator.
- Perform field surveys and evaluate condition of existing equipment and systems.
- Review submittals and shop drawings.
- Response to construction Requests For Information (RFIs), develop final construction documents including: plans, specifications, schedules, and details.
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Required computer skills: Excel spreadsheets, AutoCAD, and Revit 3D modeling.
- Flexibility to travel (~10%).
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred.
- Familiarity with various control platforms (PLC, DCS, bus networks) and hardware.
- Willing to cross-discipline train and assist in electrical design is preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.