Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
To provide installation, repairs and routine servicing of BOPs and other rental equipment in the shop and in the field. Help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services. They are trained and certified to maintain and run Pressure control operations, among others. Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Reviews documents for conformity and quality assurance. Develops new techniques and or improved processes or materials, or products. Acts as technical specialist or advisor to management and staff. Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives and critical issues, new concepts and policy matters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate and maintain Pressure Control equipment both in the shop and in the field.
- Provide onsite services when needed.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on company owned and rental equipment in the field.
- Assist in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
- Monitor and report drilling and work-over rig activity regarding Pressure control operations.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Accurate and thorough completion of job reports in a timely basis.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available
- Required to work on 24 hour call status.
- Participate in all JHA, Tailgate & safety meetings related to current operations.
- Must have the ability to grasp and adapt to changing work environment and conditions.
- Must be able to perform basic problem solving and troubleshooting when needed.
- Continue training to expand knowledge and experience of DRT operations and services.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 3-4 years related field experience in pressure control.
- Must have BOP (Blow Out Prevention) experience
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum. Preferred 2 years College degree.
- Must have experience of driving in snowy/icy weather and be prepared to work in outside conditions.
- General product knowledge.
- Mechanical ability necessary to perform repairs.
- Valid Driver license.
- Basic Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel computer skills.
- Self-motivator, self-starter.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Able to work closely with fellow employees.