At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you onboard in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories, and new job opportunities you may be interested in. Role Summary/Purpose
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will take the technical lead on projects, and guide our early-career engineers. You will present to senior leaders and to cross-functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to the overall strategy.Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Mechanical Engineer, you will:
Work Experience Qualifications/Requirements
- Work in Mechanical Engineering Team to develop products for all product lines. The team's primary goal is to develop detailed mechanical component and system designs to meet new product specifications.
- Ensure mechanical component and system designs have appropriate analytical capability, empirical design/testing, and production level verification.
- Ensure that proper DFSS and DFM rigor has been applied throughout the design process.
- Coordinate multiple project tasks with the Product Engineering Team Lead.
- Work directly with the respective Product Line Leader, Quality and Manufacturing Teams to ensure products meet internal requirements, start to finish, and provide for the continued growth of the product line.
- Foster creative environment allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five years' work experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Three years' work experience in Shock/Vibration analysis.
- Experience with a CAD package (SolidWorks preferred).
- Experience with theoretical and applied mechanical shock and vibration analysis.
- Experience with Finite Element Modeling and Analysis of mechanical shock and vibratory systems (Ansys preferred).
- Knowledge of vibration equipment, procedures, and testing instrumentation.
- Experience in developing qualification/test programs and ability to set up and execute prescribed tests.
- Hands on failure analysis and root cause analysis.
- Master's degree.
- Familiarity with SAP or similar ERP system.
- Results-oriented self-starter with a track record of delivering results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all organizational levels.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.