Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood has an immediate opening for a Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Designer to join our team based in Perth.
This is a career opportunity for an E&I Designer who is looking to develop both technically and professionally working as part of a collaborative team. At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Wood delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry. Wood enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent Oil & Gas and LNG producers with operations in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Through working with us you will:
- Conceptualize wiring diagrams, E&I layouts, and design details as required
- Clear and timely communication regarding design change issues
- Liaison, support and timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Respond to technical queries
- Contribute to site installation and commissioning information as required
- Ongoing commitment to zero harm through the support of HS & E procedures, initiatives and programmes
- Provide day to day design services to a dedicated project or suite of projects
- Ensure deliverables are presentable and accurate and are consistency checked
- Readily takes ownership of discipline design commitments and requirements on a project
Skills / Qualifications
We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated, have a 'hands on' approach, organised, proactive and are self-disciplined.
Ideally, you will be suitably qualified with a m inimum of 3+ years' experience of an engineering design environment and preferably some experience of AutoCAD / Microstation. Certificate 3 in Engineering at TAFE would be advantageous.
In addition, you will have:
- Have an awareness of Electrical & Instrumentation Drawings and Electrical & Instrumentation Systems
- Experience using 3D Modelling PDMS (E3D) OR S3D (SmartPlant3D)
- Experience in O&G / Mining advantageous however we will consider other sector experience
- Able to work autonomously, solution focused with solid communication and relationship building skills
- Be agile, flexible and resilient within a continually changing environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to Wood's values of Care, Commitment and Courage
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are a Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Designer looking for your next project - apply today!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.