Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood's Renewables team is currently recruiting for a Renewable Energy Consultant to join our Wind Advisory team, ideally based in Glasgow although other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
Working within our Sustainable Infrastructure business, this role will form part of a multi-disciplinary team specialising in renewable energy and grid integration, providing advisory, engineering and technical solutions across onshore and offshore wind, solar, energy storage and other technologies. The role will provide advisory services to our clients, supporting the delivery of a range of due diligence assignments and providing wider client advice across the project lifecycle.
As part of a growing team you will join a dynamic business taking the lead in delivering engineering solutions for a net-zero future. The breadth of work across our business will provide you with an opportunity to work across a wide range of projects, expanding your experience and expertise.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assessing renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders, with a primary focus on onshore and/or offshore wind
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and other technical staff in the completion of due diligence assignments, under the direction and supervision of project managers
- Attending client meetings and undertaking site visits within the UK and globally
- Author and complete report sections within project deadlines, and scope requirements
- Supporting the development of proposals to secure new work
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Understanding of the technical aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, aural)
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills
- Competent user of Microsoft Office365 products
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery
- Reliability and good organisational skills
- Awareness of the requirements of technical due diligence on infrastructure projects or in a team on an infrastructure project or supply chain (commercial management, contract negotiation, contract management, permitting, procurement)
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of onshore or offshore wind energy projects
- Understanding of commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects, including project finance
- Understanding of categorisation and mitigation of risk
- Ability to speak a second language
- Driving licence
- Educated to degree level in engineering, law, finance or another subject complementary to working in due diligence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.