Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood's Renewables team is currently recruiting for a Renewable Energy Consultant specialising in Solar PV and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) to join our expanding Renewables Advisory team.
Working within our Sustainable Infrastructure business, the role is part of a multi-disciplinary team specialising in renewable energy and grid integration, providing advisory, engineering and technical solutions in solar, onshore and offshore wind, energy storage, wave, tidal and hydro projects, as well as other technologies. Our work includes grid power systems specially designed for remote locations with capacities of only a few hundred kilowatts, right up to some of the world's largest renewable energy developments with capacities of thousands of megawatts.
This role will provide advisory services to our clients relating to the delivery of various due diligence assignments, with a particular focus on Solar PV, BESS and Hybrid schemes.
As part of a growing team you will join a dynamic business taking the lead in delivering engineering solutions for a net-zero future. The breadth of work across our business will provide you with an opportunity to work across a wide range of projects, expanding your experience and expertise.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting solar and BESS project developments, providing engineering inputs from initial assessment, through to technical and economic feasibility, development phase due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance and operation monitoring (primarily in the megawatt scale)
- Preparing technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- Site visits in the UK and abroad
- Providing technical support to clients
- Technical assessment of Solar PV and BESS products and devices
- Supporting our wider team of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scope of work, including Solar PV, BESS and other technical specialisms
- Acting as an interface and point of contact for clients, supporting the development of client relationships
- Management of projects or tasks within projects, taking responsibility for technical, programme and budget performance
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- An understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects of PV and BESS projects
- Working knowledge of solar energy and BESS technology and products
- Ability to produce high quality technical reports to predefined deadlines
- Experience with industry-standard modelling software for Solar PV or BESS and hybrid systems
- Knowledge of the functioning of ancillary services in the UK and the technical requirements for their provision (knowledge of international markets would also be favourably considered)
- Understanding of the technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery
- Reliability and good organisational/project management skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-disciplined team
- A confident communicator
- Previous experience working in consultancy and/or project development environments
- Competence in understanding solar PV and BESS contracts, warranties and performance guarantees
- Familiarity with solar PV and BESS technical inputs to financial models
- Previous experience in the development, construction, commissioning and/or operation of BESS projects (both stand-alone and integrated with renewable energy solutions, behind and/or in-front of the meter)
- Previous experience with BESS test inspection, witnessing and verification (FAT, SAT, G99) is favourable
- Previous experience in the development, construction, commissioning or operation of solar energy projects
- Previous experience in conducting lenders, developers, owners or acquisition technical advisor assignments
- Academic background in solar PV and/or battery technology
- Familiarity with BESS modelling and forecasting (e.g. usable energy output, cycling, performance analysis, degradation analysis and forecasting, revenue streams stacking, techno-economic optimisation, among others)
- Experience in BESS modelling software, e.g. HOMER Pro, HOMER Grid, Fractal Model X, etc
- Experience in Solar PV yield modelling software, e.g. PVsyst
- Foreign language skills
- Valid driving licence for use within UK
- Educated to degree level in engineering or a science-based subject
- Education in electrical engineering will be favourably considered
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.