Are you passionate about Procurement / Sourcing?Do you enjoy building relationships and managing multiple priorities?Join our innovative Procurement Team
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safety and effectively create value for our customers and shareholders.Partner with the best
As a Procurement Specialist you are responsible for purchase order placement, purchase order management, on time delivery of products and services, and on time payment to suppliers. In addition, you will act as the key point of contact for suppliers on all purchase order related activities, reports, and business relationship.
As a Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Issuing of purchase orders per approved requisitions and efficiently and accurately monitoring all open purchase orders
- Making purchase decisions in accordance with Baker Hughes procedures and policies
- Identifying and selecting vendors and suppliers using criteria such as quantity and quality of products/services, price, and delivery date
- Developing, issuing and analysing RFQs to secure most competitive bids
- Executing deflation initiatives, managing contracts leakage and negotiating payment terms
- Working closely with Sourcing Leader on sourcing category strategy, supplier negotiations, supplier selection, supplier approval, supplier onboarding, etc.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Materials or a related field with proven experience working in Procurement, Sourcing, Project Management
- Have a good working IT knowledge and be comfortable using a variety of software tools including Excel, Power Point and any MRP systems
- Have sound negotiating and problem solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Have good organizational and time management skills
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Occasional remote working as required
- Starting early / finishing early
- Starting late / finishing late
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.