Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a great opportunity? Come join Wood as a Flowback Consultant in Carlsbad, NM. The main responsibility is to put new wells on production for the asset, acting as the representative of the production group to receive a completed well and begin flowing new production.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Provide operations surveillance, interfacing with completions and construction personnel, to aid in scheduling new wells being put on production Daily monitoring and management of Flowback crews collecting data on new wells. Performs additional data coordination and collection tasks as necessary to support well appraisal science (i.e. ? water sample collection, downhole pressure gauge monitoring).
- Conduct detailed initial walkthrough and commissioning of new production facilities and equipment to receive fluids from new wells on production. Checks proper condition of wellhead equipment prior to putting a well on production, including completions, artificial lift, electrical, construction, and automation/telemetry installation.
- Oversees delegated scheduling, installation, and operation of portable and semi permanent test separator equipment.
- Maintain surveillance of Flowback data and engineering guidance for early well production optimization. Provides troubleshooting and supervision for artificial lift equipment during the first months of operation.
- Assembly, disassembly, inspection, repair, and pressure testing of Flowback equipment. Ensure use of proper lockout/tag out procedures at all times.
- Check production equipment for proper operation, using hand tools to make adjustments and minor repairs.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification required
- 7 years of previous flowback operator experience is preferred using SCADA software preferred
- 1 year of troubleshooting experience highly desired monitoring facilities and running separators highly desired.
- Ability to enter daily production readings and well test readings into computer system Works with completions, construction, and operations to put new wells on production, including early well life Flowback supervision, optimization, testing, and facility start up, to maximize productivity and prepare wells for operation by the production team.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.