Sr Build & Release EngineerDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?Do you enjoy learning in a technical environment?
Join our cutting-edge Software Development team
Our Digital Solutions business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team is building a next-generation platform of software for intelligent decisions, supporting the mission-critical requirements of customers
Partner with the best
Responsible for building & supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework for applications deployed into multiple Internet Cloud. Responsible for environment management and support. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. S/He contributes to DevOps discussions.
As a Sr Build & Release Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
- Making technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
- Demonstrating expertise in writing scripts to automate tasks. Implements Continuous Integration/Deployment build principles
- Providing expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
- Helping businesses develop an overall strategy for deploying code. Contribute to planning and strategy with his/her ideas.
- Applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a Graduate in Computer Science or Engineering. Minimum of 5 years' professional experience in DevOps or build/release
- Providing production Operations support experience preferably with a cloud services provider Experience working in Public Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Assessing code, build applications locally on his/her own.
- Experience with creating and maintaining automated build tools
- Have in-depth knowledge of Clustering, Load Balancing, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery, Auto Scaling
- Configuring and using Open-Source monitoring and trending systems: Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, New Relic, Nagios
- Understanding on standard networking concept such as DNS, DHCP, subnets, Server Load Balancing, Firewalls
- Experience Ansible/Puppet/Chef Work with the Product team and DevOps
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.