Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for MWD Lead Field Specialists
to join our team based in Nisku, Alberta in Canada. The successful candidates will work on a rotational basis. The main purpose of the role is to run MWD tools and assist the Directional drillers in surveying and monitoring oil and/or gas wells. MWD Lead Field Specialist Position Specifications:
- Provide accurate information during drilling of a well, such as Inclination, Azimuth, At-Bit-Inclination, Toolfaces, GammaRay, downhole pressure etc.
- Maintenance of kits and surface/downhole equipment
- Ensure accurate completion of paperwork prior to and during job
- Produce final well report at end of job
- Test surface and downhole MWD equipment
- Complete final GammaRay and Annulus Pressure plots
- Responsible for rigging up and rigging down at well site
- Work with Directional Drillers to ensure the work is meeting client expectations
- Measurement of Tubulars
- Understand proper torques of Tubulars and thread sizes; Must have knowledge of putting a BHA together
- Transport Company equipment with Company Truck to and from the well site (MWD Tools, surface kit, muleshoe subs, etc.)
- Proper maintenance and cleaning of company vehicle
- MWD Lead Field Specialists must make sure vehicle is ready for the job, rig up all equipment at rig site, measure Tubulars and do external and internal OTF's, make sure survey and toolface information is correct and then pass on information to Directional Drillers.
- Basic rig knowledge (1-2 years)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel)
- Team orientated; Ability to work within a team to assign/check the work of others and provide technical/functional support
- High School Education is a minimum requirement
- First Aid