Field Service Technician - NDTDo you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?Do you enjoy being part of a team that ensures the highest quality?Join our Waygate team!
Our Waygate Technologies Team is the global leader in Non-Destructive Testing. We ensure safety, quality, and productivity to customers around the world. We help our customers enhance their digital transformation by supplying state-of-the-art data and analytics insights for their products and processes. Our Inspection Team provides Remote Visual Inspection and advanced robotic services.Partner with the best
The Field Service Technician will be expected to perform on-site Remote Visual Inspection (utilizing borescopes, pan tilt zoom cameras, and robotic crawlers) for a variety of clients including but not limited to refineries, utilities, chemical plants, wind farms and other industrial applications.
Technicians with Inspection, API, or other NDT Certifications welcome to apply. We are open to candidates living anywhere in the United States if they are willing to travel to customer sites.
As a Field Service Technician - NDT, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Setting up and calibrating equipment, conducting tests, interpreting, and evaluating document results, in accordance with written techniques and procedures.
- Characterizing indications and record results in a fast-paced, high production environment
- Providing loose part retrieval services from client systems and problem solve many unique and difficult applications
- Organizing and documenting inspection results and using the applicable specifications, codes, standards, and other contract documents to prepare procedures and techniques for Level III approval
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Associates Degree, or High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
- Have at least 1-year mechanical inspection experience preferably in at least one recognized Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) discipline.
- Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license.
- Be able to successfully pass criminal background, psychological screening, and fitness for duty (drug, alcohol testing program) necessary for access to nuclear power generation, Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) and similar security sensitive facilities.
- Be able to travel overnight and on extended work assignments (1-2 weeks) varies by region and project but may account for 50% of assignments. Must participate in a rotating "on-call" schedule for weekends and holidays.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
This role is working with our customer on-site in their locations. In this role, you will adhere to customer requirements and timelines.Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.