Posted: Aug 20, 2021
Posted: Aug 20, 2021
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is expanding its Advisory Services business in continental Europe and is recruiting for an assistant consultant to join the Policy & Economics team.
Our Environmental Policy and Economics Team is at the forefront of providing policy, technical and economic advice on the development and implementation of environmental policy and business response to policy. We work for customers such as the European Commission, international organisations (e.g. World Bank), industry associations and companies. Our projects directly influence the development and improvement of environmental policies in the EU and its Member States and beyond.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Consultant to support the delivery of projects across our main policy areas, which include chemicals, air quality, industrial emissions, climate change, water and waste and resources management and the circular economy.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent opportunities and personalised training for long term career development, a structured induction plan, opportunities for international travel and client interaction within both the public and private sectors. You will have the opportunity to influence environmental policy in a friendly, hardworking team within a global organisation. You will be joining the business at an exciting time and will play a key role in delivering our ambitious strategy for growth.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams, contributing to policy development, implementation and evaluation; cost-benefit analysis; model development; information/ data collection and analysis; stakeholder consultation; report writing and verbal presentation.
Skills / Qualifications
- A keen interest in developing a career in environmental policy and economics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write concise reports in English
- Knowledge of at least one of following topics and the affected sectors: chemicals, air quality, industrial emissions, climate change, water and the circular economy
- Demonstrable experience in some of the following: policy development and implementation; evaluation of technical / policy measures; cost-benefit analysis; data collection, validation and analysis; and stakeholder consultation
- Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis, data / statistical modelling skills
- Analytical economic techniques such as: survey design and execution; market analysis; socio-economic analysis; regulatory impact assessment
- Understanding of the development of public policy and the methods for assessing the economic and environmental impacts of government action
- Familiarity with national and international sources of government and business statistics
- Up to 3 years' experience of environmental or policy analysis within a consultancy, government, research agency/think tanks, NGO or private sector / industry organisation
- EU languages beyond English
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science / technology, economics, engineering, law or policy (or undergraduate qualification plus at least 1 year directly relevant experience)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.