Posted: Aug 19, 2021
Posted: Aug 19, 2021
Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting for Senior Process Engineers. W e have a number of immediate opportunities such as contract work on a project hire basis along with long term and permanent staff assignments. These roles are based in Perth and report to the Process Engineering Manager.
Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities, including the new wave of battery metal opportunities.
Based on current and upcoming study and project opportunities within our Mining & Minerals business, we are seeking suitably qualified technical expertise to be involved in a range of unique and technically diverse projects. You will join a team of like-minded, agile industry colleagues who are highly qualified, enthusiastic, experienced and recognised industry innovators who value working collaboratively to create new possibilities.
As a Senior Process Engineer you will:
- Deliver best practice process designs in accordance with project, time, budget and technical requirements
- Develop innovative solutions to complex process and technical problems for a wide range of commodities
- P l an, execute and analyse metallurgical test-work programs
- P r epare process deliverables such as process design criteria, process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, equipment sizing, piping and instrumentation diagrams, process control philosophies, operating cost estimates and study reports
- Ensure process designs meet required safety standards and actively p articipate in HAZOP studies and design reviews
- Assist with business development activities and the preparation of proposal documentation
- Undertake site visits to support study and project work requirements
Working in a supportive team culture from our centrally located Perth CBD offices, you will enjoy superb end of trip facilities ensuring you make the most of Western Australia's lifestyle.
Skills / Qualifications
Due to a range of study and project opportunities, we are looking for Senior Process Engineers with relevant hydrometallurgical experience. As an engineer with qualifications in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or another related field from a recognised institution, you will have:
- Relevant experience in hydrometallurgical plant design. Experience with commodities such as lithium, nickel, cobalt, copper and rare earths would be highly regarded
- A minimum of eight (8) years' experience in the mining or minerals processing industry
- Relevant process plant operational experience
- Excellent organisational, i nterpersonal and communication skills
- S trong analytical, literacy and numeracy skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- W ell-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Experience with metallurgical balancing and simulation software such as SysCAD and/or METSIM would be highly regarded
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you are a suitably qualified Senior Process Engineer looking for a career opportunity without peer, we encourage you to apply.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.