Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Our MPD Field Engineer position is focused on applying skills and knowledge in order to safely perform and manage any Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) functions. You must be proficient in managing all aspects related to Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) as well as mentoring junior personnel. Duties and responsibilities are to supervise, manage, lead or delegate aspects of the rig up, maintenance and operation of all MPD equipment on the rig site and base when required. In this role you will be the focal point between the client, rig personnel, Weatherford crew and office. MPD Field Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily communication with the clients rig site representative, client's office, and other services companies on location. Collaborate with the field engineer for technical down knowledge and assistance when needed.
- This individual is responsible for all Managed Pressure Drilling Operation on the rig, from a technical, equipment and safety aspect.
- Interacts with 3rd party service providers on the rig, such as the mud loggers, mud company, MWD and directional services, etc.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office.
- Participate in pre and post job meetings with the clients.
- Manage crew shifts and rotation while on the rig site.
- Responsible for making sure equipment is functional and inventory lists complete before sending equipment to location as well as green tagging manifold.
- Follow all QHSE procedures and report any incidents as well as c onducting safety meetings on the rig.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all Operating, Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Documents all jobs and incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Ensures that green tagging in the shop is completed prior to mobilization.
- At least 2 years Managed Pressure Drilling experience
- Ability to travel internally in the region or globally if required attending meetings, customer office assignments or operations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to give direction, supervise and mentor junior personnel
- Knowledge and experience with traditional drilling practices and well control
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of Managed Pressure Drilling, procedures and practices