Senior Pump Hydraulic Design EngineerWould you like to be part of a team delivering the latest technology in the Energy Industry?Would you like to lead the development process and launch of new products?Join our Artificial Lift & Rod Lift Team
Baker Hughes's artificial lift systems make lifting simple. We are the only company that designs and manufactures each major component, so every part works together seamlessly and efficiently. This improves reliability and extends system run life in a range of demanding oilfield conditions.Work with the latest innovations
You will work on Hydraulic Pumps in a collaborative environment on a multidisciplinary team. You will work with scientists and other engineers to enhance the technical features of products.
As a Senior Pump Hydraulic Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Developing ideas that become real products for new centrifugal pumps to enhance the current BH pumps portfolio.
- Executing the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Presenting product / program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Executing fast prototyping, new design tools introduction, debugging, verification testing and performance characterization of concepts and products.
- Supporting market research to determine what types of products might be successful among adjacent markets.
- Providing inputs and influencing decisions within own discipline and area.
- Communicating recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional partner organizations. Involved in complex decision making sometimes with external parties.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, plus a minimum of 5 years of work experience in Mechanical Component.
- Have deep expertise in hydraulic design of Pump stages
- Have relevant knowledge of International standards and codes.
- Have good computer skills and be familiar with the latest tools and technologies, including Unigraphics NX, CFD, ANSYS, and/or HYSYS.
Work in a way that works for you
- Experience utilizing CFD, Ansys, or similar software
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.