Would you like to lead the development process and launch of new products?Would you like to work with the latest cutting-edge technology?Join our innovating Engineering team
Our TPS team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Our team looks at the development and creation of the future of energy technology products.Partner with the best
You will be contributing to the design and development of new rotating equipment for energy transition applications (Centrifugal and axial compressor, turboexpanders, reciprocating compressors, innovative rotating equipment, covering the machine and plant integration).The main development areas will be related to Hydrogen compression, energy storage, waste heat recovery systems (sCO2 cycles), Carbon Capture Use and Storage.
As a New Products Development Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Performing design and development activities of new products, executing the development of cross-functional projects.
- Executing design, calculations, analysis and evaluation in multidisciplinary areas of engineering, adhering to internal standards and enhancing best practices.
- Developing ideas providing relevant effort in structuring conceptual roadmaps to target the goals.
- Executing new design tools and methods, prototypes, verification and testing of new concepts and products.
- Documenting technical data generated, providing timely communications on significant issues or developments, writing detailed technical reports based on design verification and testing for product development activities.
- Supporting market research to determine what types of products might be successful among consumers.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Be a fresh graduate in Mechanical, Aerospace, Energy Engineering, with a basic knowledge of a rotating equipment design, able to manage technical documentation.
- Have an open approach to problem solving, expanding the current theory, methods, and tools knowledge to fill the gaps. Open mindset ready to learn and apply new concepts.
- Demonstrate good computer skills and be familiar with cad modelling, FEA, programming. Knowledge of mechanical systems dynamics and structural design.
- Be able to understand thermodynamic principles applied to turbomachinery performances.
- Be able to understand fluid dynamics thermal management principles applied to turbomachinery and industrial machinery
- Be able to understand material mechanisms such as static, fatigue, fracture, and creep behaviour.
- Have good verbal and written skills, be fluent in English.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.