Skills: Control Room Operations
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for Lead Production Deck \ Control Room Operators with extensive experience in the offshore oil and gas industry.
The positions are to work offshore in Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation is 5 weeks on / 5 weeks off, but due to the COVID situation extended rotations are presently being worked.
We require candidates who are immediately available, with current BOSIET \ HUET \ EBS certification.
- Ensuring the security of company assets by operating in a safe and efficient manner
- Maximization of oil and gas production in line with company targets and completion of the daily production report
- Compliance with the Safety Management System
- Manage, co-ordinate and operate the CCR safely and in accordance with company policy, procedures and standing instructions
- Monitoring, control and reaction to the process control, emergency shutdown and Fire and Gas System
- Solving operational problems fully utilizing the planned maintenance system
- Participation in risk assessments when appropriate
- Ensuring the CCR is continuously manned by trained and competent personnel
- Control and monitoring of hydrocarbon process plant and utility systems
- Initiating appropriate action in the event of process and utility system alarms and trips
- Initiating unit, train and emergency shutdown of process and utility systems during abnormal operation, or as a result of an emergency situation on the installation
- Issuing Authority for the Hess Permit to Work (PTW) system, in conjunction with the Production Supervisor
- Ensuring the Area Authority correctly applies process isolations to the standards as per the procedure
- Assist in annual and interim appraisals on Operations staff in conjunction with Production Supervisor
- Co-ordination of fluid sampling on the hydrocarbon process plant and utility systems, and analysis in the laboratory by the Laboratory Technicial.
- Control and monitoring of the production chemistry
- Oversee and provide mentoring, direction and training to A, B & C Operators on shift along with any National Trainees assigned within his areas of responsibility
- Monitoring and recording of key parameters for hydrocarbon process plant and utility systems
- The prospective employee is expected to participate in Process Safety Management activities that involve process design, process technology, operational and maintenance activities and procedures, non-routine activities and procedures, emergency preparedness plans and procedures, training programs, and other elements which could impact the process.
- Other elements of PSM which may touch the employee consist of:
- Mechanical Integrity
- Management of Change
- Investigation of Incidents
- Process Hazards Analysis
- Operating Procedures and Practices
- Compliance Audits
- Emergency Response
- Pre-start-up Safety Reviews
- Contractors and Short Service Contractors
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate's degree or relevant technical qualification.
- A number of years relevant experience in a similar position offshore, preferably in the Gulf of Mexico
- Offshore BOSIET Survival Certification
- Crane Op certificate
- Ballast control expereince preferred
Experience and knowledge of the following systems and equipment:
- ABB Advant 500 Series Control System
- Cameron Sub-Sea Control
- Framo pump systems
- Electra Hydraulic Sub-Sea Control Systems
PC Application Skills:
- IT literate wiith strong computer skills.
- Competent in communicating in English language
- Spanish and Italian language skills are an advantage
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment alongside other technical disciplines.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.