Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Payroll Analyst for a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB. The Role
The Payroll Analyst - NA Payroll is responsible for the day-to-day payroll processing and management of the payroll outsourced provider (Ceridian). What you will be doing:
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of all on and off cycle payroll payments using Ceridian Dayforce.
- This will include approximately 500 employees in Canada, of which approx. 100 are complex hourly employees, and 80 employees in the US. This does include expatriate employees.
- Enforcing and maintaining payroll process controls, and legislative requirements.
- Review and perform audits of the payroll data entries in Dayforce.
- Facilitate and resolve discrepancies, problem solve and review payroll reports to ensure accuracy before finalizing payments.
- Assist with the implementation of Dayforce and drive the change toward the new process as required.
- Ensure compliance with all compensation and tax requirements across multiple regions.
As the ideal candidate, you will thrive in our client's dynamic work environment by displaying a positive attitude and the flexibility necessary to manage multiple priorities and challenges. It goes without saying that you have a zero-tolerance attitude towards shortcuts and are uncompromising when it comes to ensuring tasks are done safely. You are an alert problem solver who learns to anticipate and solve potential issues before they arise. The following skills, competencies and qualifications are listed below:
- Minimum 7 years related experience in payroll
- Previous experience with Ceridian Dayforce is a requirement;
- Previous experience with year end processing;
- Must have experience with expatriate shadow payroll programs;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to multi-task and communicate with individuals at all levels and from various backgrounds;
- Accuracy, attention to detail, proactivity, and a high standard of quality in all tasks performed;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple demands, including prioritizing and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to make judgements and decisions on confidential matters, and plan and manage complex administrative systems and practices.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification (PCP) is required
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.