Skills: Design Engineer, Architect
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, United Kingdom
Wood has an exciting opportunity to join our expanding multi-disciplinary office in either Leeds, London, Birmingham or Leamington Spa to develop our architecture and masterplanning capability within an established development planning, environmental and engineering team. We are looking for a senior design professional with excellent knowledge and connections in the education sector with experience of managing client relationships and delivering high quality design outputs in a multi-disciplinary team working environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is a senior role with multiple responsibilities:
- Providing professional architecture and masterplanning advice (including design outputs and reports) for a wide range of clients and project types but with a core focus on education sector projects
- Direction, management and delivery of design inputs to a varied portfolio of projects
- Leading and contributing to bids for new work to support the sustainable growth of the business through a combination of existing frameworks and supply chain partnerships
- Recruitment, technical direction and staff management of a design team to support the delivery of projects and business development
- Support to the business unit senior management team, providing a clear account of current project progress and performance and future opportunities as well as contributing to the overall direction of the business unit
Skills / Qualifications
With a first degree in architecture, or a closely related design discipline, the successful candidate will require post graduate qualifications in architecture. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in business development, project direction and management, project delivery, technical and team leadership, ideally in a design-focused commercial multi-disciplinary environment.
The candidate will require excellent communication skills, with proven verbal, written and graphic expertise, enabling them to engage effectively with co-workers, project stakeholders and clients.
We are particularly keen to hear from you if you have recent education sector experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.