Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Work from anywhere in Canada!
Wood has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Intermediate Environmental Scientist focused on contaminated sites to join our Remediation and Reclamation (A&R) Team. This position can be based anywhere in Canada.
The successful candidate will primarily be working on projects based in Alberta and will collaborate with a robust team of talented professionals across Canada with various technical specialties. With global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world's best people and task our project managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. We're seeking an Intermediate Contaminated Sites Professional who wants to join a team committed to being a trusted partner for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include but won't necessarily be limited to:
- Project management and successful execution of environmental site assessments, remediation programs and contaminated site projects, including the development and maintenance of project scopes, schedules and budgets, and supervision of project staff.
- Involvement in quality control of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications, including cost estimates and budgets.
- Interpretation of provincial environmental regulations and investigation results to successfully meet client requirements.
- Lead pursuits for contaminated sites and related opportunities.
- Monitoring, mentoring, and leading the growth of junior team members.
- Providing field coordination and technical oversight of projects.
- Collaborate with other Wood offices/environmental staff on projects.
- Some seasonal fieldwork will be expected.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in environmental science or engineering, geology, soil science or equivalent.
- Registration (or eligibility for immediate registration) as a Professional Agrologist (P.Ag) with the Alberta Institute of Agrologists or a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- 5 plus years consulting experience conducting environmental site assessments, contaminated site investigations and remediation projects.
- 2 plus years of related project management experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Alberta provincial contaminated sites legislation, regulations and processes.
- Adept in project scope and financial management.
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Experience supervising and training junior personnel.
- Able to effectively communicate with existing company clients and internal Wood staff.
- Strong writing skills are a must to prepare reports, proposals and other project deliverables.
- Reclamation project experience is an asset, but not required.
- Remote site heavy equipment access planning is an asset, but not required.
- Proficiency in the use of CAD and GIS softwares is a definite asset, but not required.
- A passion for collaborating in a sustainable work environment focused on diversity, inclusion, reducing our environmental impact, and promoting sustainable development.
- A strong desire to grow in your career with Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.