Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting a Commissioning Manager with Downstream / Chemicals experience. The position is located in Houston, Texas.
"Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required"
The CSU Manager will have full responsibility to direct and execute pre-commissioning, commissioning, and SU support activities for the contract/project, and for implementing Wood's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout the commissioning phases of the project.
- Responsible to prepare Commissioning philosophy, schedule and procedures during project Planning phase.
- Responsible to commission and start-up all systems, completing the commissioning work-scope in a logical and controlled sequence and to the project specifications.
- Responsible for day-to-day commissioning activities.
- Execute Commissioning Procedures directing a Commissioning Team consisting of commissioning engineers, technicians, Operations personnel, other contractors, and vendor support personnel.
- Support system handover and acceptance from Construction Team including system discipline walk downs and punch list generation.
- Report to the Project Manager on issues regarding commissioning, start up schedule and progress
- Interface with client management regarding commissioning and start-up.
- Ensure all commissioning resources are being utilised in a cost effective manner.
- Define system priority hand over list from Construction to Commissioning.
- Direct or assist in developing Project Manpower Estimates and System Commissioning Schedules.
- Support - Develop and maintain commissioning budget.
- Develop and review commissioning test equipment and material take-offs for project execution.
- Develop vendor call-out requirements and schedule for specialized vendor supplied equipment and overall vendor coordination.
- Prepare systems for final inspection and hand over to Operations Team after commissioning procedures are complete.
- Provide assistance in evaluation and selection of Commissioning Team staff members. Declare and assign roles and responsibilities for Commissioning team members.
- Need proficiency in MS Office Applications e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Skills / Qualifications
Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of Chemical facilities preferred, including: Hydrogen generation by steam reforming and Ammonia Unit processing. Candidate will be responsible for the overall safety of the commissioning team and should be familiar with construction and commissioning safety processes including Permit To Work, Lock-Out/ Tag-Out, Company Safety Program and safety audits.
Education and Certifications:
Degree in Engineering or relevant experience Chemicals, Oil and Gas and downstream sectors. Equivalent industry certifications and experience will be considered
15+ Years of Chemicals, Commissioning, Start-Up and Operations experience, particularly Commissioning and Start-up experience of large capital projects, multi-discipline leadership in CSU of facilities.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.