Skills: Research & Development
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Wood is looking for a Senior Civil/Land Development Engineer to join the team based in our Chelmsford, MA location, which is part of the North Central Operations.
With such large scope and brand recognition, our employees have the opportunity to work on complex and diverse projects with the support and resources of a large international organization. At the same time, each office team takes pride in maintaining a small family like environment! We have a very comfortable and supportive culture, comprised of knowledgeable and skilled Engineers, Environmental Technicians & Scientists, and Chemists, among other disciplines. We realize that our people are what make us known in the Industry and recognized for delivering high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, and interested in growing with our company but maintaining flexibility for work/life balance, we'd love to hear from you!
This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex engineering, design, permitting, and construction challenges executing the roles/responsibilities below. A successful candidate will have the appropriate experience to support projects predominantly i nvolving site civil design (including stormwater, grading, utilities, roadway, land development) Project Management skills are required.
- P repare engineering evaluations and feasibility studies and develop conceptual site plans and cost estimates
- Prepare project planning and reporting documents including design plans and reports, permitting submittals, and construction inspection reports
- Prepare and/or support development of environmental, historical, and ecological permit applications for site development projects and participate in associated permitting meetings and presentations
- Develop and review plans, specifications and special provisions for site development projects
- Oversee construction implementation and provide construction management support including review of contractor submittals
- Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to; client communication and management; proposal preparation; contract preparation and negotiation; coordination with regulatory agencies; and project management including project planning, budgeting, and scheduling
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Civil or other related engineering degree
- 8 to 12 years of design and or construction experience with a focus on site civil and/or land development applications
- Strong aptitude and demonstrated hands-on experience with computer applications in Civil Engineering including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis, and HydroCAD. Hec-Ras experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with and integrate multiple engineering disciplines into civil engineering projects
- Prefer P.E. license or at a minimum, Engineer -In-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification, and ability to obtain the P.E. within one year
- Experience preparing or supporting the development of engineering cost estimates, client presentations, and various permit applications, with emphasis in New England states
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational abilities
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to client needs
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.