Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting a HSE Lead to join our team on a permanent basis in Melbourne. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of programs to assure HSEQ management actions involve employee awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid, and protect employees from hazards in the workplace.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring the workforce, specifically around safe and quality behaviours, accountability for safety and quality, toolbox talks, interventions and creating a 'zero harm" generative safety culture and "Do it right, Do it once" quality culture
- Focuses on delivery elements and implementation of HSEQ policies and practices
- Monitors integration of health and safety programmes including hazard and risk identification, incident reporting and investigation, employee health and well-being, environmental hygiene and organisational transformation
- Develops and directs HSEQ programs and training initiatives to continuously improve the safety culture of all employees working within the assignment
- Lead Behavioural Change Management strategy implementation using the Wood Tools and deliver change across the assignment
- Ensures contract complies with ISO certification requirements and facilitates audit requirements as per the regional requirements
- Records, reports and analyses HSEQ performance metrics including both leading and lagging indicators
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years in an HSE Lead role, or association with HSE role in another industry
- Certificate IV, Diploma or Tertiary Qualifications in WHS, Quality and/or Environmental disciplines will be well regarded
- Demonstrated experience conducting Internal Auditor training, and/or Incident Investigation
- Knowledge of ISO safety, quality and environmental standards preferred but not mandatory
- Working knowledge of WHS, Environmental management and Quality requirements for internal and outsourced contracts
- Broad HSEQ experience in similar/other industry
- Good communication, interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills including the ability to conduct negotiations and influence others. Extensive experience in detailing technical requirements for a maintenance team.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced HSE Lead, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.