Skills: Safety Officer, Safety Training Rep
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Offshore Installation Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the coordination of all QHSE efforts on board the unit. Supports rig leadership and crews by providing practical input to all aspects of QHSE operations but not limited to safety, training and compliance issues.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years experience in Offshore environment preferred with a strong emphasis on safety leadership or supervisory experience
- A recognized external certificate such as NEBOSH or COSS
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- WHMIS 2015
- First Aid
- Regulatory Awareness
- Security Awareness
- Top Set Investigation:Lead Investigator
- Authorized Gas Tester
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate and influence leadership in a positive manner.
- Strong observational, analytical and presentation skills and be proficient in verbal and written English language skills and able to effectively communicate with all crew members
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Effectively use and promote all company's safety and environmental tools
- Responsible for administration of the tracking system onboard
- Knowledge in the environmental management system to record any discrepancy or non-compliance
- Responsible for coordination and recording of all onboard safety training and e-learning for the company, Client and Third Party personnel
- Work with HR Lead to monitor, coordinate, and track rig personnel's training and development in order to maintain training compliance as per company requirements
- Maintain compliance programs established by company, the Client and Governmental agencies
- Participate and assist in development and training of emergency response teams as per Station Bill
- Assist local safety committee delegates with safety related matters
- Support the development and implementation of QHSE practices and behaviors required for safe operations onboard the unit
- Conduct daily audits and weekly safety inspections with the relevant supervisors as required
- Coach people in planning work, identifying risks, communicating, problem solving, and safety leadership
- Knowledgeable about behavioral processes and procedures used to identify potentially unsafe hazards or conditions. Able to identify and react accordingly to eliminate these hazards or conditions
- In the event of an incident on the unit, under the direction of the Offshore Installation Manager, the Safety Officer will: a) secure the site and take the necessary steps to preserve and document evidence; b) perform the initial incident investigation; c) participate in the investigation and root cause analysis; d) act as document control or recorder of the incident for the investigation team
- Assists the Third Party consultants with safety initiatives on the unit
- Experience working with and understanding of the international safety case process, unit bridging documents and information contained within each document and how they relate to daily operations
- Perform or lead incident investigation as required
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Safety Training Officer Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: