Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Skills: Radioman, Electrical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Offshore Installation Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Operate and maintain communication equipment in the radio room(s) and administer POB, lifeboat and cabin allocations
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ year previous experience on an offshore drilling rig, semi-submersible and drillship preferred
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- First Aid
- Regulatory Awareness
- Security Awareness
- TDG Air
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Proficient in verbal and written English language skills and able to effectively communicate
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Establishes and coordinates all radio communications
- Receives and transmits radio communications in accordance with applicable international regulations
- Responsible for continually updating POB and lifeboat lists as personnel movements take place
- Performs and coordinates isolation of radio equipment and transmissions during periods of radio silence
- Responsible for correspondence associated with helicopter operations, including radio communications with the heliport, weather, helicopters, passengers and cargo manifests
- Inspection and maintenance of radio equipment, associated batteries and antenna's
- Administration duties as instructed and directed by supervisor
- Organize crew change activities, accommodation, air and ground transportation
- Maintains a log of all aircraft activities
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Rig Administrator Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: