Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Technical Section Leader
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates material requisitions and maintains warehouse organization and inventory levels. Safely and effectively manages the warehouse, materials, supplies and cargo onboard the unit.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ year previous experience on an offshore drilling rig, semi-submersible and drillship preferred
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Rigging Slinging Banksman
- WHMIS 2015
- First Aid
- Regulatory Awareness
- Security Awareness
- TDG Air & Marine
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Proficient in verbal and written English language skills and able to effectively communicate
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Prepare unit requisitions for materials and services in accordance with company procedures
- Communicate with shore based Supply Chain personnel to ensure requisitions are understood, technical, queries are answered, and purchase orders are expedited as required
- Secure the warehouse at all times and restrict access to un-authorized personnel
- Optimize stock levels onboard by regularly reviewing the minimum/maximum quantities on the suggested reorder lists
- Comply with local customs rules and regulations and environmental laws regarding the shipment of equipment, parts and goods. Be competent in the handling of dangerous goods
- Receive and issue parts and equipment to and from the warehouse
- Perform cyclical inventory test counts as per company procedures
- Ensure that all shipments to and from the unit are properly logged and documented in accordance with company procedures
- Maintain a clean, well organized warehouse with all equipment stored in a safe manner at all times
- Prepare shipping lists, conduct receipt of goods check, and process Third Party and Client rebilling in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records of received and outstanding requisitions and cargo manifests
- Prepare and issue required warehouse inventory reports as required
- Maintain an accurate log of all company rental equipment onboard
- Regularly review obsolete and surplus parts in the warehouse and bring to the attention of Rig Management
- Assist in the manifesting and control of third party equipment as required
- Distribute equipment inspections, certificates, reports, etc to the relevant department heads
- Update onboard Rig Management on the expediting of purchase orders, materials and shipments en route, etc and prepare reports as required
- Ensure all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes are correctly labeled and packaged prior to shipment
- Mentor, develop and train new Materials Coordinators to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Materials Coordinator Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: