Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Driller
JOB SUMMARY: Organizing and supervising all the work in the areas related to the mud pit/pump room, mud-mixing area, sack store and mud/bulk storage. Provides assistance in carrying out first-line maintenance, and supports rig floor operations as instructed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years previous experience in a role on an offshore drilling rig, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency First Aid
- Rigging Slinging Banksman
- Gas Tester
- Regulatory Awareness
- Security Awareness
- Well Control Level 2 (IWCF) Certificate
- Able to operate computerized control systems.
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Maintaining /monitoring the mud pumps and mud pits during operations. Notifying the Driller immediately of any unexplained pit level increases/decreases
- Verify and record drilling fluid properties at regular intervals and report any deviation from operational requirements to the Driller.
- Inform immediate supervisor immediately of any unexplained pit level increases/decreases
- Maintaining daily logs of drilling fluid properties, chemicals and mud materials
- Operating all drilling fluid equipment in the pump/pit room in accordance with operational requirements. Mix and treat drilling fluid as per instruction.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Actively participate in the safety management systems
- Perform first line maintenance on valves associated with mud system, solid controls equipment and related piping and valves
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meeting, etc.
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per company training matrix
- Assist with deck or rig floor operations as required
- Assist with the supervision and training of Roughnecks
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Derrickman Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: