Skills: Crane Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Crane Operator
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in crane operations as qualified, supervises the roustabouts during lifting operation and general deck duties. Assists in first line maintenance and relevant lifting equipment; also, performs and directs lifting as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years previous experience in a role on an offshore drilling rig, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Level/Stage 2 Crane Certificate
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency First Aid
- Rigging Slinging Banksman
- Regulatory Awareness
- Security Awareness
- Helicopter Landing Officer
- Helideck Team Member
- Offshore Fire Team
- TDG (Marine & Air)
- Able to operate computerized control systems.
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Operate the Rig's cranes as qualified in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane.
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations and ensures the inspection of all lifting equipment prior to use.
- Ensure Company approved crane signals are utilized
- Assist in the loading and off loading of equipment and supplies from supply boats and movement of materials around the rig and keeping accurate records.
- Monitor deck cargo to ensure it is clear of obstructions and correctly sea fastened
- Assist in keeping a running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use as per lifting gear register. Record and remove damaged equipment.
- Participate in all pre-job planning for deck operations.
- Carry out first line maintenance and on tour checks and document as required.
- Assist the Crane operator and Deck Foreman in organizing the deck for efficient and safe operation
- Perform helideck duties as directed
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Assist the Crane Operator in carrying out performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per company's training matrix
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Assistant Crane Operator Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: