Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wood's Edmonton Alberta office (position could be based in Calgary or Edmonton) is searching for a talented Land Agent / Utility Coordinator to support both local and provincial operations. The Edmonton office enjoys a range of projects; supporting land management and acquisition for Highways, Civil Infrastructure projects, Utilities, and the Oil & Gas industry. Wood is an industry leader, with experience working on a variety of complex assignments, which allows our team to have rewarding careers in their areas of choice. The successful candidate will enjoy working on a variety of projects, be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Prepare and acquire land agreements, 3rd party requests, notifications and other documents necessary and/or convenient to the acquisition and/or maintenance of fee simple and surface land rights
- Communicate with key stakeholders throughout the duration of a project such as clients, landowners, regulatory officials, government agencies and project managers
- Provide Land Agent and other general land administration support (research, documentation, filing, etc.)
- Prepare and submit crown land applications to Alberta Environment and Parks
- Respond to land related field inquires
- Prepare and submit caveats, registrations, and transfers of interest and withdrawals to the appropriate provincial land titles office.
- Participate in Indigenous Consultation
- Acquire third party utility crossing agreements
- Complete Ground disturbance requirements for land and infrastructure projects
- Coordinate utility relocations
- Supervise and coordinate hydro vac work
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Land Acquisition or related certification
- Minimum of 3 years related experience acquiring fee simple and surface land rights.
- Possession of a permanent Alberta Land Agent License or qualify to obtain a Land Agent License
- Experience with Alberta Environment and Parks EDS program for crown land applications
- Currently (or eligible to receive) a Commissioner of Oaths in Alberta
- Current SR/WA designation (or eligible to receive) with International Right of Way Association
- Ground Disturbance level 2 an asset
- Ability to read and understand survey plans and drawings
- Excellent field negotiation and problem solving skills
- Must have a vehicle and clear driving record
- Available to travel, evenings and weekends may be necessary
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.