Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Geoscientist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an addition to the Environmental Site Assessment Services team in Sudbury, Ontario.
The successful candidate will possess detailed knowledge and experience associated with Phased Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Excess Soil Management and Remediation and associated technical skills as well as knowledge of applicable federal guidelines and provincial regulations. Demonstrated experience in the fields of physical hydrogeology, water resources engineering or geochemistry are an asset. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail are essential. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Management/coordination, technical support and writing of Phase I and II ESAs, Baseline ESAs, monitoring programs, peer reviews and remediation projects;
- Environmental compliance assessments and annual monitoring programs for landfill sites;
- Permit To Take Water applications and studies for mining and infrastructure project;
- Support of transactional due diligence projects and portfolios including technically demanding projects with multidisciplinary teams and tight timelines;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of existing and emerging environmental regulatory requirements and best practices;
- Delivery of high-quality environmental services to agreed budgets and deadlines;
- Proposal preparation and support;
- Oversight and mentoring of more junior staff; and,
- Liaison with clients, regulators and subcontractors.
Skills / Qualifications
- University Degree in a related field such as environmental science, geology, hydrogeology, or Water Resources/Environmental Engineering and designation as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.);
- Seven or more years of direct, related experience;
- Ability to manage the demands of multiple concurrent projects and challenging deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel are essential. Experience with other data management software an asset.
- Ability to plan and deliver high quality reports, have strong technical writing skills and can present information concisely and clearly.
- Understanding of budget management, report preparation, and client relationship management.
- Working knowledge with Ontario Regulation 153/04, as amended, O.Reg. 406, and O.Reg. 903.
- Flexibility to travel periodically. Possess a valid Ontario G (or higher) License.
- You are passionate about personal and professional growth, working collaboratively to meet and exceed client expectations, and develop innovative solutions.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.