Posted: Aug 11, 2021
Posted: Aug 11, 2021
Skills: Civil Engineering, Construction Engineer, Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Title: East Group D&D Leader
Are you an Engineer or Construction Manager (CM) with 10 -20 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to expand an already existing and vibrant decommissioning and demolition (D&D) practice? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established global engineering/consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Americas. (Wood) is currently seeking a Senior-Level Engineer or Construction Manager to lead the expansion of Wood's existing D&D practice across the eastern half of the United States. This position will also lead an experienced team of planners, designers and owner representatives in the execution of D&D projects. on behalf of our existing and target clients. The projects range from small ancillary structures to large power or chemical plant facilities, manufacturing facilities and other industrial and commercial facilities. The position is approximately 40 percent in field /travel and 60 percent office work for a wide range of industrial, commercial, federal, state and municipal clients.
- Develop and implement a strategic business plan to grow the existing successful D&D business
- Identify and pursue D&D and CM project opportunities with existing and target clients
- Lead an existing team of experienced D&D and CM staff across the eastern US
- Prepare/review bidding documents, requests for proposals and assist in contractor procurement.
- Prepare/review or assist in conceptual demolition/construction cost estimates.
- Prepare/review plans and specifications used to procure contractors to execute the work.
- Understand regulated materials and waste management procedures/requirements.
- Review design plans and specifications for constructability.
- Manage Wood personnel who are:
- reviewing contractor submittals including qualifications, equipment specifications, data, and Work Plans;
- managing contractors for compliance with project designs, specifications and contract requirements throughout construction;
- tracking payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals.; monitoring proper documentation of construction activities;
- reviewing daily, weekly and monthly construction reports prepared by field staff;
- developing and maintaining project schedules (master and look-ahead); and
- conducting project closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, and record drawings.
- Interface with Wood clients, government officials and other stakeholders.
- Maintain and develop vendor and other professional contacts.
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and construction/engineering team meetings.
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Travel to project sites throughout the US.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree preferred but not required.
- Approximately 10-20 years construction management-related experience, preferably in power plant and heavy industrial D&D projects.
- Understanding of means and methods associated with remediation technologies, decommissioning, demolition, civil type work, CSI specifications, and construction drawings.
- Strong client advocacy and relationship building skills
- General understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and general building systems.
- Maintain and advocate a safe working environment.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy.
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Computer knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hr training in accordance with 29CFR1910.120
- OSHA HAZWOPER Site Supervisor
- OSHA 10 or 30 hr Construction Safety
- Working outside in various, inclement weather conditions, uneven terrain.
- Office/Field work with computer.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.