Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance, repair and installation all electronic equipment onboard the rig.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology Degree
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for electronic operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills.
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel may be required
- Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on electronic equipment are carried out.
- Comply with the permit to work system is in place and followed.
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) guidelines and coordinate same with supervisor and other department heads.
- Maintain and repair of all electronic systems including Dynamic Positioning, communication, data acquisition, computers and navigational equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair of electronic systems in relation to Subsea BOP equipment and drilling package instrumentation and electronics.
- Carry out installation, calibration, and modification to electronic systems and components.
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfil maintenance requirements - inform the Chief Electronic Technician when there is need to re-order.
- Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete.
- Assist in providing information for maintenance and repair budget.
- Assist with the implementation of the outstanding recommendations from audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Electronic Technician Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: