Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years experience as Second Engineer in the Offshore Industry
- Canadian 2nd Class Engineer Certificate of Competency or Higher
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival Craft
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting
- Seafarer Book
- Valid Marine Medical
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Safe and efficient Engine Room Watchkeeping and machinery performance monitoring in accordance with applicable regulations, Chief Engineer's standing orders and company policies and procedures, and maintenance of the Engine Room Logbook.
- Perform pertinent planned maintenance activities in accordance with the vessel's program, as instructed by the Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that all hazardous work is carried out under controlled conditions and all safety procedures observed: permit to work, Confined Space Entry, Job Safety Analysis, Lockout/Tag Out, etc.
- Arrange for all piping and structure repairs carried out on board to be conducted in accordance with good engineering practices and pressure tests, where applicable, be conducted safely
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of Engine Room spare parts, stores and supplies
- As the designated librarian, ensure that all Engine Room Department manuals, publications and records are properly indexed, identifiable and easily retrievable, in accordance with the established procedures
- Training and supervision of junior engineers and engineering cadets
- Understand and comply with various safety processes within the Safety Management System
- Possess the skills to perform job related tasks and apply safe practices while performing physical tasks.
- Have a thorough understanding of precautions and procedures related to the Safety Management System
- Have thorough understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection.
- Other duties as assigned
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
Position 2nd Engineer Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: