Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Oblast, Russia
Wood has an immediate need for a Senior Site Construction Planner with experience in the oil and gas industry to join the team in Yuzhno - Sakhalinsk, Sakhalin Island (Russia) on a 7 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation.
Reporting to the Project Controls Lead, your general responsibilities will include:
- Developing level 4 construction schedules for offshore capital projects
- Analysing existing project schedule against completed work, update and report on progress
- Integrating engineering work pack delivery, procurement, sub-contract and fabrication details into the overall construction sequence
- Developing WBS, schedule activities, logic, durations, and assign resource
- Producing and issuing resource histograms and ensure schedule is maintained in line with POB limitations
- Utilising established coding systems to ensure alignment with integrated planning reports
- Agreeing, setting, and monitoring progress against baseline schedule
- Developing and maintaining earned value graphical reports
- Monitoring progress of activities routinely and update schedules appropriately
- Evaluating, analysing, and reporting works' contractors schedule deviations.
- Reviewing change documentation for impact on schedules
- Providing schedule related narratives for weekly/monthly reports
- Assisting in maintenance of planning & scheduling procedures and systems
- Providing routine checking of schedules to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet minimum requirements
- Reading, understanding, and complying with the HSSE policies arrangements/procedures and rules as issued
- Always work ing in accordance with method statements and risk assessments as provided
- Tak ing care of your own health and safety whilst at work; and ensure your activities do not adversely affect the health and safety of others
- Report ing to immediate supervisor all incidents, which have or could result in personal injury or environmental damage
- Reading, understanding, and complying with the Quality Policy, procedures and work instructions relevant to your role
- Participat ing and cooperat ing with internal/external audit process as required
- Participat ing , cooperat ing, and provid ing input in the Continuous Improvement Procedure and associated processes, especially addressing Business System Improvement Requests (BSIR) generated from Client Feedback or internal and external audits.
- Participating in Quality initiatives and suggest modifications or improvements to current procedures if required
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities...
Skills / Qualifications
Degree in relevant Engineering discipline and membership of internationally recognised applicable professional institute
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Ideally you will have minimum of 5 years' proven experience in a si milar role in an engineering / EPC environment within the oil and gas industry.
What will set you apart will your relevant experience across:
- Offshore Oil and Gas Construction Planning
- Primavera P6 and Excel software
In addition, you will have:
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with proven experience in client facing roles
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- A "solutions mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges.
If you are a Senior Site Construction Planner looking for your next project - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.