Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brussels, Belgium
At Eni, we are looking for a Trading Analyst within EGEM in Brussels, Belgium. You will be responsible for supporting the activity of the Trading team by ensuring the integrity front to back trading process.
In January 2021, Eni integrated the Gas, LNG, Power & Emissions related trading activities to form Eni Global Energy Markets. EGEM trades gas, LNG, power and emissions, and oil derivatives (mainly to hedge GLP business contracts) internationally while maintaining the full capabilities and trading activities of the former Eni Trading & Shipping GLP business. The integration of the trading activities into EGEM enables Eni to capture additional business opportunities in the market. EGEM will carry out physical and financial transactions on behalf of the Eni Group and other activities related to management of the opportunity and flexibility of Eni's portfolio of assets. EGEM's headquarters is in Milan. The company also has offices in London, Brussels and Singapore.
Eni has a substantial and growing LNG supply portfolio, with global reach. Our current 5.5Mtpa portfolio is expected to double in size over the next five years, with growth coming predominantly from Eni's own upstream assets.
As a member of the Trading team, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with trading team colleagues to devise trading strategies where risk/reward is clearly identified
- Developing a deep understanding of Eni's Natural Gas Portfolio and working closely with the Portfolio Manager to extract value from the flexibility embedded within the Portfolio
- Reporting regularly to senior management on market developments, trading decisions and strategy, P&L moves, budgeting and medium-term strategy
- Establishing relationships with colleagues from related teams (Gas Portfolio, Logistics/Gas Operations, Market Analytics, Quants, Middle and Back Office) and other trading desks (mainly LNG, Oil Derivatives and Power) to understand physical/contractual market constraints that may impact trading and shaping a wider market view
- Assisting in counterparty on-boarding, EFET negotiations, production of term-sheets/Confirmation Notices, internal and external presentation material
- Modelling trading economics for spot and mid-term opportunities
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Degree in Maths or Finance
- Experience as a trading analyst
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Well-organized and attention to detail
- Results driven and ability to work under pressure
- Work autonomously as well as collaboratively with the team
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Fluent English. Other language skills would be a bonus.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.