Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Richmond, California, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Lab Technician in Richmond, CA. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates only. We are looking for a Physical Analysis Lab Technician to support the Crude Oil Analysis and Refinery Support team of GLS. GLS stands for Global Laboratory Services, which resides in the Downstream Technology & Services department
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- This is a high volume laboratory which requires fast turnaround time, the capability to set different test methods in aqueous and organic media
- Candidate will prepare samples and perform standard and non-standard analytical measurements X-Ray Fluorescence techniques and elemental analysis by combustion techniques
- Reviewing large volumes of data and quality control interpretation, applicants are required to have proper planning, organizing and flexibility skills.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing with supervisors, peers, facility support people, project customers, and suppliers; document all experiments, data, and analyses in laboratory notebooks and spreadsheets; write standard operating procedures, technical reports, peer review articles, and presentations.
- Exhibit all company Values/Behaviors like integrity, trust, diversity, ingenuity, partnership, Protecting People and the Environment and high performance. Having a passion for safety is essential.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Chemistry or related science field required
- 1 year of lab work related experience required
- One year of experience in a petroleum testing lab preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.