Posted: Sep 09, 2021
Posted: Sep 09, 2021
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for andSupervise the maintenance and repair of all electrical and electronic equipment onboard the vessel
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience as an Electrician on an offshore drilling rig, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Valid Technical Certificate in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology degree from a recognized body
- Valid BOSIET
- Safe Gulf/Rig Pass
- Valid Electrical Equipment Hazardous Areas
- Valid High Voltage Electrical
- Medical (USCG or OGUK)
- Valid Government Issued ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- Experience with Kongsberg K-Chief /K-Pos systems
- Experience with PLCs, SCRs, and MCCs
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams. Able to proficiently use electrical testing meters and equipment. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for electrical operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Ensure daily completion of inspections and maintenance on electrical/electronic equipment
- Enforce the permit to work and isolation system within the electrical/electronic department
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the guidelines
- Supervise/Carry out operation and service of power generation equipment, i.e. generator and engine controls, SCR's, switchgears, transformers, power distribution, etc
- Supervise/Carry out maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of general rig equipment such as HVAC system, refrigeration plants, power and communication systems, etc
- Supervise/Carry out maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical components of drilling equipment, i.e. DC drilling motors and auxiliaries, Top Drive System, mud pumps, etc
- Supervise/Carry out the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electronic systems including dynamic positioning, communication, data acquisition, computers and navigational equipment
- Supervise/Carry out the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electronic systems including, but not limited to, Subsea BOP controls and drilling package instrumentation and electronics
- Ensure that all installation, calibration, and modification to electronic systems and components are properly carried out
- Provide technical support, domestic and industrial electronic services to all areas of the rig
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget
- Plan periodic maintenance and coordinate with supervisor and other department heads
- Maintain discipline onboard and ensure compliance with Company disciplinary procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position Electrician (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: