Skills: Noise & Vibration Control
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Knutsford, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior or Principal Noise Consultant in order to help the Noise and Vibration team deliver key projects from an expanding project portfolio across a diverse range of sectors.
The Wood Noise and Vibration team primarily provides noise impact assessment services-including design, modelling and monitoring-to a wide variety of Major Infrastructure clients across a broad range of sectors including residential, road, rail, aviation and energy projects.
The successful candidate will lead small to medium or medium to large sized noise projects for the Senior and Principal grades respectively. The position would suit an individual who is looking to advance their career in an expanding business within a global firm. Client relationship and business development experience is desirable but not essential.
The position would be based remotely initially with a view to spending some time in one of our offices once current coronavirus restrictions are lifted. Our current Noise teams are based in the North West and London, however, we can be flexible on location.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical management of projects in key areas of our business. In addition to this, the successful candidate will contribute towards the continued growth and development of the team, as well as being involved in identifying business opportunities and providing client contact.
Anticipated core duties:
- Managing noise and vibration input on internal and external projects
- Understanding and applying relevant UK noise policy and regulations
- Application of noise and vibration expertise to support the planning process
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Authoring and checking reports/assessments
- Preparation and checking of proposals
- Staff management, development and mentoring
- Commercial management of team input to projects
- Computer noise modelling (SoundPLAN), assessment and reporting
- Use of Geographical Information Systems to improve the quality and efficiency of noise and vibration assessments
- Using innovation to improve working practices
Particular in-depth experience the assessment of the following developments would be required:
- Construction and demolition sites
- Wind farms, Power Stations and associated energy infrastructure (substations, cable routes, OHL)
- Industrial sites
- Residential schemes
Skills / Qualifications
The candidate will need to have the experience to carry out the core duties listed above and the following:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in acoustics or a related discipline
- Relevant consultancy experience post qualification
- Corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics
- Full driving licence
- Chartered engineer or equivalent status
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.