Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior C&I Designer to assist on various projects on a short term contract.
- Produce control & instrumentation drawings in accordance with accepted engineering and company design procedures.
- Responsible for managing engineering interfaces, with internal resources and with external stakeholders.
- Preparation and implementation of the project/study specific Engineering Execution Plan.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the project/study Design Basis, including interpreting the needs of the client.
- Responsible for assembling and approval of general engineering procedures, work instructions, checklists and guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining consistency of standards and presentation across engineering design documentation.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating technical reviews.
- Responsible for implementing preventative and corrective actions relating to engineering and design performance.
- Manage the enquiry, tendering and adjudication phases across all disciplines, providing final recommendation and sign off for the project/study manager.
- Manage engineering resources (time and cost) against budget.
- Prepare progress reports highlighting achievements, issues and deviations.
- Production of drawings, schedules and other design deliverables on time and within budget.
- Production of drawings in accordance with established procedures, i.e. internal reviews, client review, checking, etc.
- Drawing content will be a true reflection of engineer's design in accordance with project requirement and show all information required.
- Clarity and accuracy of drawings.
- Knowledge and adherence to CAD and company design procedures.
- Accurate completion and timely submission of timesheets.
- Adherence to applicable standards and procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma/Certificate in Drafting and sound engineering background
- Well-developed computer skills with a good knowledge of relevant CAD software i.e. Smartplant Intools / Aveva Instrumentation / COMOS experience and Autocad 2D
- Min 2 years control & instrumentation /electrical experience with a least one year in mining & minerals processing
- Good understanding of control & instrumentation technology
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Checking skills with ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion and show initiative.
- Methodical approach to allocated work areas.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Relevant field experience either during construction or operation.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team elationship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.