Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Come join Wood as a Planner/Scheduler in San Ramon, CA. Schedulers are responsible for optimizing flow by coordinating pipeline and terminal logistics for commodity movement. You will work closely with trading teams and third-party customers to approve nominations for movement, produce shipping schedules and manage inventory. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Lead day-to-day scheduling and operations for trading teams, including activities such as blending, quality control, loss prevention and forecasting analysis
- Manage nominations for pipeline, marine, rail and/or truck carriers; monitors and executes commodity movement
- Partner with traders to manage physical inventory positions and recommend trade activity based on interactions with third parties
- Monitor pipeline/terminal operations to optimize schedules
- Analyze data and produce regular reports for the trading team
- Engage with internal and external industry experts and maintain strong relationships and lines of communication
- Collaborate on and communicate operational costs, optimization initiatives and best practice learnings
- Champion incident-free operations and continuous improvements
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years Supply Chain or related experience
- 2+ years of experience in energy, manufacturing, transportation, supply chain and/or finance
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on Operational Excellence and delivering results
- Demonstrated organizing and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, ability to communicate at various levels within the organization
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. A background in SAP would be a plus.
- Crude, gas and/or refined product commodities scheduling experience in a trading organization
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.