Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Designer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects.
- Production of Civil and Structural Smartplant 3D model and generation of Approved for Construction Civil and Structural drawings utilising Microstation CADD software under guidance and in accordance with the company requirements.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Technical Design Ability - Under guidance completes technical design work using relevant Amec Foster Wheeler design methods, Client and Corporate standards and specifications and data in line with Project requirements.
- Produces under guidance by Principal / Lead Civil Designer final Smartplant 3D civil models for earthworks, piling, foundations, superstructure, underground services, paving and buildings in accordance with engineering design sketches as provided by the Civil Engineering group.
- Produces under guidance by Principal/Lead Civil Designer final Smartplant 3D structural models for pipe-racks and pipe support steelwork, equipment support and access structures, vertical vessel circular access platforms and buildings in accordance with engineering design sketches as provided by the Civil Engineering group.
- Produces under guidance by Principal / Lead Civil Designer final civil deliverable drawings i.e. earthworks, piling, foundations, superstructures, underground services, paving and buildings inclusive of reinforcement detailing and reinforcement bending schedules where applicable. Drawings to be produced utilising design sketches as provided by Civil Engineering group and extracted views from the 3D model. All drawings to be produced in accordance with client, corporate and national standards, specifications and procedures as applicable.
- Produces under guidance by Principal / Lead Civil Designer final structural deliverable drawings i.e. pipe racks and pipe support steelwork, equipment support and access structures, vertical vessel circular access platforms and buildings. Drawings to be produced utilising design sketches as provided by Civil Engineering group and extracted views from the 3D model. All drawings to be produced in accordance with client, corporate and national standards, specifications and procedures as applicable.
- Reviews civil and structural clash reports and resolve clashes for areas of responsibility.
- Receives engineering design information and instructions from Principal/Lead Civil Designer as applicable.
- Liaises with respective Civil Engineer on engineering related issues.
- Liaises with allocated Civil Checker.
- Liaises with Lead, Senior designers and designers from Piping, Electrical, Instrumentation, Vessels and Mechanical group as necessary.
- Receives guidance from Principal/Lead Civil Designer if required.
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the HOD Civil Designer.
Skills / Qualifications
- National Civil Diploma or equivalent.
- Bentley Microstation 3D CAD software package experience version 8 or later.
- 3 years minimum related industry experience in Civil and/or Structural draughting.
- Intergraph Smartplant 3D Structural modelling software package experience.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Technical Expertise - possess proficient levels of technical expertise required to do the job, however continuously work towards improving and updating technical abilities. Will personally seek out opportunities to develop technical knowledge base.
- Cross Discipline Project Team Interaction - appreciation of project set up and team structure across disciplines. Under guidance working with other discipline designers.
- Understanding and meeting Schedule and Schedule dependencies - awareness of personal targets for deliverable production to suit deliverable schedule.
- Commercial Awareness and Customer Focus - under direction develops the engineering requirement.
- Interpretation of Engineering Requirements Under direction develops the engineering requirement.
- Initiative - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Change and Adaptability - Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders. Readily adapts to changing circumstances.
- Interpersonal Communications - Actively listens and seeks to understand others' points of view. Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly.
- Problem Solving - Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions.
- Planning, Organising & Execution - Prioritises and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently and strive to ensure that agreed schedule undertakings are met. elationship and networking ability.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.