Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Control Room Operations, Gas Plant Operations, Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Plant Equipment Operator is an entry level position whose primary purpose is to monitor, inspect and record status of electric generating and associated sub system equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation of that equipment and the plant. Contributes to the execution of defined activities to support the delivery of sub function initiatives required to achieve efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation objectives.
Process & Technical Accountabilities
• Monitors, troubleshoots, reports, all emissions control and environmental systems to maintain acceptable and prescribed levels of plant effluents.
• Monitors, troubleshoots, reports, all equipment malfunctions whether proactive or reactive.
• Accountable for granting equipment clearances, hot work permits for the purpose of equipment maintenance.
• Reviews daily operating logs for abnormal occurrences.
• Expected to wash, scrub, clean all assigned equipment and areas of the plant.
• Ensures that all company safety procedures, policies, rules and regulations are adhered to.
• Coordinates activities with contractors and outside service personnel to complete unit outages, equipment installation, modifications and repairs.
• Monitors availability of proper amounts of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, log sheets, and other materials/supplies necessary to maintain unit operations.
• Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of boilers, turbine generators and associated equipment in an industrial plant environment.
• Some knowledge of electrical functions, technical background for identifying problems with equipment and controls.
• The ability to take readings from gauges and understand the basic system of operation. Must be capable of using valve wrenches, shovels, hammers, mauls, channel locks and other wrenches.
• The ability to judge distance and spatial relationships is important due to safety concerns in the plant environment.
• Sometimes required to lift items and equipment this may weigh up to 30 pounds.
• Writing skills must be adequate to produce reports such as daily activity, accidents/incidents, etc.
Qualifications / Education
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Successful candidate will have the ability to pass the operator trainability test to qualify for an interview.
• Must be willing to work a 12-hour shift.
• Process Technology Degree or Certification is a plus
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.