Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Wood is seeking a Biology Program Manager who is responsible for growing and further developing Wood PLC's Biological Resources technical staff and expanding our firm's visibility with key business sectors and client organizations in the environmental services marketplace. This role will be based out of our Branch Office in San Diego, CA.
The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills to manage and grow a multi-disciplined operation, including business development and business management interests and experience, and demonstrated relationship-building abilities. The candidate should have existing connections with Southern California clients, specifically in the San Diego Region.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide leadership in technical, business development, financial and administrative aspects of the consulting business to sustain and expand a successful environmental operation while growing additional, related disciplines
- Manage a variety of professional consulting assignments in one or more specialized areas of environmental and facilities projects, including general civil/geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, permitting and remediation
- Coordination with other units across the West U.S. and the Company
- Develop strategic plan and financial budgets for group
- Lead business development for group
- Manage the financials aspects with monthly and quarterly business metric reporting
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff and Wood leadership
- Develop existing staff and identify and recruit new prospects for future growth
- Assure delivery of quality products
- Provide senior review and direction on technical projects
- Serve as senior project manager and/or project expert on specific tasks or projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.S. in Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, or another directly related field; advanced Degree (Masters) preferred
- At least 10 to 15 years of applicable experience in technical and management roles with an environmental consulting firm, experience in several local key market sectors (e.g., municipal, utilities, energy)
- Experience with growing client programs utilizing multi-disciplined resources from across the Company
- Expert knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of biological consulting, including flora, fauna, and habitats of California; special-status species and resources; and relevant federal, state, and local regulations of environmental resources
- Experienced in successfully providing leadership to diverse (both technically and geographically) project teams. Must be able to influence and lead team members both those with direct reporting relationships and those who report to others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal safety culture and proven experience driving a safety culture
- Experience in successfully advocating and/or negotiating with regulatory agencies and third parties in favor of client positions
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.